The Elite Positive Pet Groomer is our trademark professional pet groomer program. Ideal for beginners with no prior experience, the program accepts applications all year-round on a limited enrolment basis with an extremely small class size.
This is the first and only professional pet groomer program in Singapore to be specialised in the pioneering of modern artistic pet grooming styles with fear free animal behaviour science.
Widely recognised by industry leaders as the gold standard in professional pet grooming, it is known to be highly selective at all stages of the enrolment process, making it a rigorous and competitive challenge to be successfully enrolled.
We have set our selection standards at the highest levels possible to select the right students whom we think possesses the suitable qualities to succeed and pioneer the next groundbreaking trend in the pet grooming industry.
The Elite Positive Pet Groomer
- Open for Application
- Upcoming Intakes:
- Start anytime, subject to Academy capacity
- You must have your personal equipment when enrolled for the Program. It is strongly advised to purchase the Student Set from the Academy. However, if you opt to purchase your equipment from external vendors, Students must check with their Supervising Teacher to determine if the equipment meets the minimum standards of use for the Program. If the evaluated equipment does not meet minimum standards, you might be asked to purchase the Student Set before you are allowed to begin the Program. The Academy does not provide equipment for students to borrow. Students must minimally purchase the Workshirt and Grooming Manual if not purchasing the Student Set from the Academy.
- 6 months limited email and telephone support upon Graduation.
Day & Time:
Tuesday to Sunday, 10AM–4PM
Clementi Campus @ 352 Clementi Avenue 2 #01-117 Singapore 120352
Teacher to Student Ratio:
Monthly New Student Quota:
Maximum Academy Capacity:
- S$80 for application fee (non-refundable, applied towards tuition if accepted)
- S$8000 for complete program, sixty lessons (flexi-schedule, weekday/weekend, 10 months validity)
- S$250 for one lesson (flexi-schedule, weekday/weekend)
- Maximum tenure: 12 months. Extension fees levied at S$500/month and offered in exceptional circumstances only, on a case-by-case basis
- S$1980 for Pawrus® Pet Grooming Academy (PGA) Student Set (professional grade)
- S$100 for Pawrus® Pet Grooming Academy (PGA) Workshirt, compulsory for The Elite Positive Pet Groomer Students (inclusive in PGA Student Set)
- S$80 for Singapore Kennel Club (SKC) Grooming Manual, compulsory for The Elite Positive Pet Groomer Students (inclusive in PGA Student Set)
- S$150 for Pawrus® Dummy Dog with 3 White Fur (C model purchase fees), compulsory only for The Elite Positive Pet Groomer Students taking the SKC Examinations with Dummy Dogs
- S$100 for Pawrus® SKC Examination Admission Fee
- Singapore Kennel Club (SKC) Fees are not inclusive. Students are responsible for registering and paying all required fees to SKC directly before the closing date. The Academy will provide specific instructions to Students when available
More About The Program
“This program is intentionally created to nurture the pet grooming revolutionaries of the next century.”
The Elite Positive Pet Groomer is a Trademarked Pawrus® Pet Grooming Academy Curriculum, uniquely designed in collaboration with Pawrus® Dog Training Academy.
It is exclusively taught by Jasline Aiw, Senior Pet Grooming Instructor and guest lectured by Kevin Yeo, Senior Clinical Animal Behaviourist. This is the first and only professional pet groomer program in Singapore to be delivered by two pet care specialists with highly differentiated skillsets.
In this industry-leading professional program, you will learn our core values of compassion, creativity and by extension, the confidence necessary to excel in the pet grooming industry.
Our curriculum, the first-of-its-kind to be grounded in art and science, reflects the bedding for the careful seeding, selective inculcation, and critical development of these core values. Our pet care team have placed extensive thought into the crafting of the industry’s most holistic and comprehensive package of knowledge and skills. By collaborating with the best in the industry and acquiring the requisite expertise, time and effort, we have successfully tuned it into a complete system comprising of simple and effective life lessons that nourishes and grows the next-generation pet groomer.
Upon graduation from the program, you will feel empowered and ready to use the hard technical and soft inter-personal skills that you have learnt to not only challenge but blossom beautifully in the highly competitive pet grooming industry. Our Graduates regularly attest that this is undoubtedly the wisest investment that any aspiring professional positive pet groomer can make for their career.
Pawrus® Certification will be offered to students who meet the strict requirements by passing a pet behaviour and grooming theory and practical exam with the highest distinction (A+) or distinction (A/A-) as part of the program’s certification requirements.
To maintain certification, Graduates must be an active member meeting continuing education requirements, sign a yearly pledge and abide to our standards of practice to be allowed to use the accreditation and its abbreviation “Pawrus® Certified Partner Groomer™ (PCPG™)” after their name (e.g. Jane Doe, PCPG™). More details here.
For Graduates, the Supervising Teacher will facilitate Industrial Attachments & Business Opportunities upon Graduation.
What Will You Learn?
- Conventional Perspectives of Beauty
- Dog Behaviour
- How Dogs Learn
- Dog Body Language
- Dog Emotions
- Dog Health
- Dog Diseases
- Dog First Aid
- Low Stress Handling Concepts
- Fear Free Concepts
- Dog Movement and Handling
- Dog Body Structure
- Dog Breeds
- Dog Coat Structure
- Grooming Tools and Safety
- Scissoring Techniques
- Commercial Pet Grooming
- Human-Animal Relationship & Bond
- Redefining Beauty
- Drawing and Conformation
- Angulation and Shapes
- Asian Fusion & Creative Styles
- Business Setup & Marketing
- Foundational Examination Knowledge
- Spa & Beautification Styles
- Pet Colouring Techniques
- Competition Styles
- Show Styles
- Partnership & Growth Strategies
- Foundational Examination Skills
- Offered to Performing Students who have Completed Module One
- Waived Module Fees
- Must Commit to At Least Ten On-Job-Training Days Working with Actual Client Pets
- 6 Months Validity
- Pass with the Highest Distinction: A+
- Pass with Distinction: A/A-
- Pass: B
- Fail: C and below
- Academic Year 2021: 0-3 Months: 100%
- Academic Year 2022: 0-3 Months: 100%
- Work Placement Rates are measured as a Percentage within a Fixed Timeframe upon Graduation.
- The Formula for calculating such Rates is the total no. of Graduates who found work divided by the total no. of Graduates who were looking for work.
- Pet Grooming Academies
- Pet Grooming Schools
- Pet Grooming Studios
- Pet Grooming Salons
- Show Dog Kennels
- Veterinary Clinics
- Doggy Daycare Centers
- Dog Breeding Facilities
- Singapore, Singapore
- Jakarta, Indonesia
- Liaoning, China
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Seoul, Korea
- Okayama, Japan
- Barcelona, Spain
- New York, USA
- After Graduation, Students are eligible to take the Singapore Kennel Club (SKC) Examinations at Level C (Apprentice) with Dummy Dogs.
- For Students who want to take the SKC Examinations with Live Dogs at any Level, the Certification Knowledge & Skills Program is a compulsory preparatory program.
- Aspiring Pet Groomers
- Aspiring Pet Grooming Instructors
- Pawrus® Pet Grooming Academy (PGA) Workshirt
- Artero Premium Clipper with #10 Blade
- Artero Faster Clipper
- Artero #7F Blade for Faster
- 7” Straight Scissors
- 6” Curve Scissors
- 6” Thinning Scissors
- Anti-Slip Mat
- Scissors Pouch
- Scissors Waist/Shoulder Tool Case
- Artero Anti-Static Spray
- Artero Oil Fresh Spray
- Nail Trimmer
- Nail File
- Styptic Stop Bleed Powder
- Slicker Brush
- Ear Cleaner
- Ear Powder
- Human Ear Plugs
- Singapore Kennel Club (SKC) Grooming Manual
Admission Criteria | Graduating & Certification Requirements | Application Instructions
As this is a physically and mentally demanding program, our prospective students are expected to meet these requirements to be considered for admission:
- No prior experience required.
- Passion for animals.
- Minimum 16 years old and above.
- Proficient in English or Mandarin Chinese.
- Possess perfect vision (20/20 with or without glasses / lenses).
- Not allergic to water, dirt, dust, hair, animal fur, urine, stool, cleaning agents, soap, shampoo and conditioner etc.
- Physically and mentally fit.
- For safety, pregnant females must obtain a Certification Letter endorsed by their Gynaecologist/Doctor certifying their fitness.
- Undergo and pass an interview with a Pawrus® Teacher.
To Graduate, a Student must:
- Earn the minimum equivalent of a B on each component of the assessment process
- Fulfill an attendance rate of ≥90%
- Abide to the Pawrus® Student Code of Conduct
To become Certified, a Student must:
- Earn the minimum equivalent of an A- on each component of the assessment process
- Sign a yearly pledge and uphold the standards of practice
Congratulations on your decision to apply to the Pawrus® Pet Grooming Academy: The Elite Positive Pet Groomer Program!
An application fee is required with your application. Paying your application fee online is fast, convenient, and secure via PayNow.
Application fees are not refundable. If you are accepted to the program, your entire application fee will be applied towards your tuition.
If Pawrus® declines your application, the entire application fee may be applied towards tuition for another Pawrus® Program if you enroll within 6 months.
- Download, Read and Complete the Student Enrolment Form.
- Pay the Application Fee via PayNow to UEN: 201424069N (Pawrus Pte. Ltd.) and capture a screenshot with its transaction reference as proof of payment.
- E-mail email@example.com. Please title your e-mail as “Application to Pawrus® Pet Grooming Academy: The Elite Positive Pet Groomer – Full Name” and attach the documents stated above to the e-mail.
Incomplete applications will not be processed. We will assess your application once all required information is received. You will be notified of your application’s outcome via e-mail.
How Does It Work?
Step 1: Application.
Getting to know you is the crucial first step. We will be in touch once we have assessed the information that you have submitted. You may be asked to provide more details for us to better assess your suitability for the program.
Step 2: Face-to-Face / Virtual Interview.
It is now time to get to know you better. Our teacher will get in touch to schedule and conduct a face-to-face / virtual interview with you to understand more about your goals. At this stage, we will address any concerns and inhibitions by explaining the curriculum to you in detail so that you know what to expect if you are accepted for the program. Based on the results of the interview, we will decide if you are suitable to progress to the next stage of enrolment or recommend alternative solutions whenever necessary.
Step 3: Offer and Acceptance.
Congratulations. If you meet the strict requirements set by us, we will inform successful applicants such as yourself that they have been accepted for The Elite Positive Pet Groomer Program! Offers will be made in writing via e-mail. You may be offered in any of our offer periods prior to the commencement of the program. You make the final choice from our offer. Once offered, our offer is only valid for that semester and expires if it is not accepted. A 100% deposit of the program fees is required to reserve and confirm your space in the intake that you have applied for. If an offer expires, an applicant will have to submit a fresh application and restart the entire enrolment process. Offers may not be held or carried over to consecutive semesters unless under extenuating circumstances. Offers may also be withdrawn at any time at our discretion.
Step 4: Matriculation and Orientation.
School is almost here and you’ve been successfully enrolled! To begin your learning journey, you will attend a four-hour orientation to better prepare yourself for life in our school.
Step 5: Learning and Evolution.
We hope that you are excited and ready to undergo a process of learning and self-discovery with the world’s most advanced professional pet grooming school. We are looking forward to working with you to create an endless ripple that would reverberate continuously throughout the entire pet grooming industry for centuries to come.
Let's Have A Chat!
For Non-Urgent General Interest In Our Programs, Please Contact Us Below. We Will Attempt To Reply Within 3 Working Days. We Look Forward To Working With You To Achieve Your Desired Objectives.Contact Us