The Elite Positive Pet Groomer is our trademark professional pet groomer program. Ideal for beginners with no prior experience, the program accepts applications on a limited enrolment basis with an extremely small class size.
This is the first and only professional pet groomer program in Singapore to integrate modern pet grooming styles with fear free animal behaviour science. The program is delivered by leading pet care specialists in both national and world formats.
Widely recognised as the gold standard of professional pet groomer programs, it is known to be highly selective at all stages of the enrolment process, making it challenging to be successfully enrolled.
We have set our selection standards at the highest level to select the right students whom we think possesses the suitable qualities to create the next groundbreaking trend in the pet grooming industry.
The Elite Positive Pet Groomer
- Open for Application
- Lessons are booked online on a monthly-basis
- Calendars will open in the 3rd week of the month
- Lesson will be cancelled if there is only 1 student that day
- Upcoming Intakes:
- Start anytime, subject to Academy capacity
- You must have your personal equipment when enrolled for the Program. It is strongly advised to purchase the Professional Student Set from the Academy. Students must minimally purchase the Workshirt and Textbook if not purchasing the Basic/Professional Student Set from the Academy.
- Students must check with their Supervising Teacher to determine if the equipment meets the minimum standards of use for the Program. If the evaluated equipment are not suitable, you will be asked to purchase the Basic/Professional Student Set before you are allowed to begin the Program. The Academy does not provide equipment for students to borrow.
- 3 months limited email and telephone support upon Graduation
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Clementi Campus @ 352 Clementi Avenue 2 #01-117 Singapore 120352
Teacher to Student Ratio:
- National: SGD5400 for complete program, thirty-five lessons (full-time flexi-schedule, weekday/weekend, 3 months validity)
- National: SGD6600 for complete program, thirty-five lessons (part-time flexi-schedule, weekday/weekend, 6 months validity)
- World: USD12000 for complete program, twenty accelerated lessons (fixed-schedule, weekday/weekend, 1 month validity)
- Mandarin-Speaking Class 普通话班: +SGD500
- Maximum tenure: 6 months
- Extension fees levied at SGD800/month and offered on a case-by-case basis
- SkillsFuture Credit: Not Applicable
- Certified Partner Examination: SGD300/attempt
- Maximum 3 attempts
- Certified Partner Examination: SGD300/attempt
- Professional Student Set: SGD2280
- Workshirt: SGD100 (inclusive in Student Set)
- Textbook: SGD80 (inclusive in Student Set)
- Model Purchase:
- Dummy Model Purchase: SGD150
- Examination Admission: SGD100
- Singapore Kennel Club (SKC) Fees are not inclusive
- Students are responsible for registering and paying all required fees to SKC directly before the closing date
- The Academy will provide specific instructions to Students when they are available
More About The Program
“This program is intentionally created to nurture the pet grooming revolutionaries of the next century.”
The Elite Positive Pet Groomer is a Trademarked Pawrus® Pet Grooming Academy Curriculum and uniquely developed in collaboration with Pawrus® Cat & Dog Training Academy.
This is the first and only professional pet groomer program in Singapore imparting two highly differentiated skillsets.
In this industry-leading professional program, you will learn our core values of compassion, creativity and by extension, the confidence necessary to excel in the pet grooming industry.
Our curriculum, the first-of-its-kind to be grounded in art and science, reflects the bedding for the careful seeding, selective inculcation, and critical development of these core values. Our pet care team have placed extensive thought into the crafting of the industry’s most holistic and comprehensive package of knowledge and skills. By collaborating with the best in the industry and acquiring the requisite expertise, time and effort, we have successfully tuned it into a complete system comprising of simple and effective life lessons that nourishes and grows the next-generation pet groomer.
Upon graduation from the program, you will feel empowered and ready to use the hard technical and soft inter-personal skills that you have learnt to not only challenge but blossom beautifully in the highly competitive pet grooming industry. Our Graduates regularly attest that this is undoubtedly the wisest investment that any aspiring professional positive pet groomer can make for their career.
Professional Certificate & Certification
Pawrus® Professional Certificate will be awarded to students who pass a pet grooming (theory and practical) exam with merit (B) and meeting our Graduating Requirements.
Pawrus® Professional Certification will be offered to students who pass a pet grooming (theory and practical) exam with highest distinction (A+) or distinction (A/A-) and meeting our Certification Requirements.
To maintain Certification, Graduates must be an active member meeting continuing education requirements, sign a yearly pledge and abide to our standards of practice to be allowed to use the accreditation and its abbreviation “Pawrus® Certified Partner Groomer™ (PCPG™)” after their name (e.g. Jane Doe, PCPG™). More details here.
For Graduates, the Supervising Teacher will facilitate Career Development Pathways upon Graduation.
What Will You Learn?
- Conventional Perspectives of Beauty
- Dog Behaviour
- How Dogs Learn
- Dog Body Language
- Dog Emotions
- Dog Health
- Dog Diseases
- Dog First Aid
- Low Stress Handling Concepts
- Fear Free Concepts
- Dog Movement and Handling
- Dog Body Structure
- Dog Breeds
- Dog Coat Structure
- Grooming Tools and Safety
- Scissoring Techniques
- Commercial Pet Grooming
- Human-Animal Relationship & Bond
- Redefining Beauty
- Drawing and Conformation
- Angulation and Shapes
- Asian Fusion & Creative Styles
- Business Setup & Marketing
- Foundational Examination Knowledge
- Spa & Beautification Styles
- Pet Colouring Techniques
- Competition Styles
- Show Styles
- Partnership & Growth Strategies
- Foundational Examination Skills
- Offered to Performing Students who have Completed Module One
- Waived Tuition Fees
- Must Commit to At Least Twenty On-Job-Training Work Days
- 3 Months Tenure, Renewable Quarterly
- Pass: Graduate with Highest Distinction (A+)
- Pass: Graduate with Distinction (A/A-)
- Pass: Graduate with Merit (B)
- Fail: Unsatisfactory Performance (C/D)
- Fail: Incompletion (E)
- Fail: Expulsion (F)
- Academic Year 2021: 0-3 Months: 100%
- Academic Year 2022: 0-3 Months: 100%
- Academic Year 2023: 0-3 Months: 100%
- Work Placement Rates are measured as a Percentage within a Fixed Timeframe upon Graduation.
- The Formula for calculating such Rates is the total no. of Graduates who found work divided by the total no. of Graduates who were looking for work.
- Pet Grooming Academies
- Pet Grooming Schools
- Pet Grooming Studios
- Pet Grooming Salons
- Show Dog Kennels
- Veterinary Clinics
- Doggy Daycare Centers
- Dog Breeding Facilities
- Singapore, Singapore (PCPG™/CKS)
- Taipei, Taiwan (FCI/SKC C)
- Jakarta, Indonesia (FCI/SKC C)
- Seoul, Korea (FCI/SKC B)
- Liaoning, China (FCI/SKC B)
- Okayama, Japan (FCI/SKC B)
- New York, USA (FCI/SKC A)
- Barcelona, Spain (FCI/SKC A)
- Upon Graduation, Students are eligible to take the Fédération Cynologique Internationale (FCI) / Singapore Kennel Club (SKC) Grooming Certification Examinations at Level C (Apprentice) with Dummy Dogs.
- For Students who want to take the FCI / SKC Examinations with Live Dogs at any Level, the Certification Knowledge & Skills Program is a compulsory preparatory program.
- Aspiring Pet Groomers
- Pawrus® Pet Grooming Academy (PGA) Workshirt
- Artero M339 Premium Clipper Set with #10 A5 Blade
- Artero C629 #7F A5 Blade
- Artero M604 Faster Clipper Set
- Artero T48070 One 7.0” Straight Scissors
- Pawrus® 6.5” Curve Scissors
- Pawrus® 6.5” Thinning Scissors
- Pawrus® Scissors Pouch
- Pawrus® Anti-Slip Mat
- Artero F227 Workcase Nylon
- Artero F345 Brown Case
- Artero P222 Comb 18″ Long Pin
- Artero H674 Anti-Static Control Spray
- Artero Y447 Oil Fresh Spray
- Artero Y227 Nail Trimmer, Small
- Artero P267 Nail File, Strong
- Artero H259 X-Stop Styptic Stop Bleed Powder
- Artero P934 Bamboo Slicker, Medium
- Artero H640 Aurigel Ear Cleaner
- Artero H926 AuriClean Ear Powder
- Artero Y331 Forceps Curved
- Artero A477 Black Towel
- Pawrus® Human Ear Plugs
- Singapore Kennel Club (SKC) Grooming Manual
Admission Criteria | Graduating & Certification Requirements | Application Instructions
As this is a physically and mentally demanding program, our prospective students are expected to meet these requirements to be considered for admission:
- No prior experience required.
- Passion for animals.
- Minimum 16 years old and above.
- Proficient in English or Mandarin Chinese.
- Possess perfect vision (20/20 with or without glasses / lenses).
- Not allergic to water, dirt, dust, hair, animal fur, urine, stool, cleaning agents, soap, shampoo and conditioner etc.
- Physically and mentally fit.
- For safety, pregnant females must obtain a Certification Letter endorsed by their Gynaecologist/Doctor certifying their fitness.
To Graduate with a Certificate, a Student must:
- Earn the minimum equivalent of a B on the Pawrus® Certified Partner Examination
- Fulfill an attendance rate of ≥85%
- Abide to the Pawrus® Student Code of Conduct
To Obtain Certification, a Student must:
- Earn the minimum equivalent of an A- on the Pawrus® Certified Partner Examination
- Sign a yearly pledge and uphold the standards of practice
Congratulations on your decision to apply to the Pawrus® Pet Grooming Academy: The Elite Positive Pet Groomer Program!
- Download, Read and Complete the Student Enrolment Form.
- E-mail email@example.com. Please title your e-mail as “Application to Pawrus® Pet Grooming Academy: The Elite Positive Pet Groomer (National, Full-Time/Part-Time/World), – Full Name” and completed form to the e-mail.
- Example: Application to Pawrus® Pet Grooming Academy: The Elite Positive Pet Groomer (National, Part-Time) – Jane Tan Bee Gee
We will assess your application once all required information is received. You will be notified of your application’s outcome via e-mail.
How Does It Work?
Step 1: Application.
Getting to know you is the crucial first step. We will be in touch once we have assessed the information that you have submitted. You may be asked to provide more details for us to better assess your suitability for the program.
Step 2: Evaluation.
Our team will keenly evaluate the application that you submitted. We might also get in touch to schedule and conduct a face-to-face / virtual interview with you to understand more about your goals. At this stage, we will address any concerns and inhibitions by explaining the curriculum to you in detail so that you know what to expect if you are accepted for the program. Based on the evaluation results, we will inform you that either you are suitable to progress to the next stage of enrolment or recommend alternative solutions whenever necessary.
Step 3: Offer and Acceptance.
Congratulations. If you meet the strict requirements set by us, we will inform successful applicants such as yourself that they have been accepted for The Elite Positive Pet Groomer Program! Offers will be made in writing via e-mail. You may be offered in any of our offer periods prior to the commencement of the program. You make the final choice from our offer. Once offered, our offer is only valid for that semester and expires if it is not accepted. A 100% deposit of the program fees is required to reserve and confirm your space in the intake that you have applied for. If an offer expires, an applicant will have to submit a fresh application and restart the entire enrolment process. Offers may not be held or carried over to consecutive semesters unless under extenuating circumstances. Offers may also be withdrawn at any time at our discretion.
Step 4: Matriculation and Orientation.
School is almost here and you’ve been successfully enrolled! To begin your learning journey, you will attend a four-hour orientation to better prepare yourself for life in our school.
Step 5: Learning and Evolution.
We hope that you are excited and ready to undergo a process of learning and self-discovery with the world’s most advanced professional pet grooming school. We are looking forward to working with you to create an endless ripple that would reverberate continuously throughout the entire pet grooming industry for centuries to come.
Let's Have A Chat!
For Non-Urgent General Interest In Our Programs, Please Contact Us Below. We Will Attempt To Reply Within 3 Working Days. We Look Forward To Working With You To Achieve Your Desired Objectives.Contact Us