The Elite Positive Dog Trainer is our trademark professional dog trainer program. Ideal for beginners with no prior experience, the program accepts applications on a limited enrolment basis with an extremely small class size.
This is the first and only professional dog trainer program in Singapore to prioritise positive emotions in dogs and people using science-based ethological methods. The program is delivered by leading pet care specialists in both national and world formats.
Widely recognised as the gold standard of professional dog trainer programs, it is known to be highly selective at all stages of the enrolment process, making it challenging to be successfully enrolled.
We have set our selection standards at the highest level to select the right students whom we think possesses the suitable qualities to create the next ground breaking trend in the dog training industry.
The Elite Positive Dog Trainer
- Open for Application
- Upcoming Intakes:
- Start anytime, subject to Academy capacity
- Theory Term: 2 months online sessions (10)
- Revision Term Break: 0.5 month
- Practicum Term: 6 months hands-on sessions (30)
- Training, Teaching Test and Graduation: 0.5 month
- You must have your personal equipment when enrolled for the Program. It is strongly advised to purchase the Student Set from the Academy. However, if you opt to purchase your equipment from external vendors, Students must check with their Supervising Teacher to determine if the equipment meets the minimum standards of use for the Program. If the evaluated equipment does not meet minimum standards, you might be asked to purchase the Student Set before you are allowed to begin the Program. The Academy does not provide equipment for students to borrow.
- You must have your own learner dog that would work through this program together with you for the period of the Program. You may use your own dog or borrow someone’s dog for the duration of this program. It is not recommended to buy a dog specially for this Program. The Academy does not provide dogs for students to borrow.
- 6 months limited email and telephone support upon Graduation.
Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
Online (Distance-Learning) | Clementi Campus @ 352 Clementi Avenue 2 #01-117 Singapore 120352
Teacher to Student Ratio:
Maximum Academy Capacity:
- SGD100/USD80 for application fee (non-refundable, applied towards tuition if accepted)
- SGD9000 for complete program (national), ten online sessions, twenty hands-on sessions (flexi-schedule, weekday/weekend, 6 months validity)
- USD14500 for complete program (world), ten accelerated online sessions, twenty accelerated hands-on sessions (fixed-schedule, weekday/weekend, 1 month validity)
- Maximum tenure: 12 months. Extension fees levied at SGD500/month and offered in exceptional circumstances only, on a case-by-case basis
- SGD480 for Pawrus® Dog Training Academy (DTA) Student Set (professional grade)
More About The Program
“This program is intentionally created to nurture the dog training revolutionaries of the next century.”
The Elite Positive Dog Trainer is a Trademarked Pawrus® Dog Training Academy Curriculum, uniquely designed in collaboration with Pawrus® Pet Grooming Academy.
It is exclusively taught by Kevin Yeo, Senior Clinical Animal Behaviourist and guest taught by Jasline Aiw, Senior Pet Grooming Instructor. This is the first and only professional dog trainer program in Singapore to be delivered by two pet care specialists with highly differentiated skillsets.
In this industry-leading professional program, you will learn our core values of compassion, confidence and by extension, the creativity necessary to excel in the dog training industry.
Our curriculum, the first-of-its-kind to be grounded in art and science, reflects the bedding for the careful seeding, selective inculcation, and critical development of these core values. Our pet care team have placed extensive thought into the crafting of the industry’s most holistic and comprehensive package of knowledge and skills. By collaborating with the best in the industry and acquiring the requisite expertise, time and effort, we have successfully tuned it into a complete system comprising of simple and effective life lessons that nourishes and grows the next-generation dog trainer.
Upon graduation from the program, you will feel empowered and ready to use the hard technical and soft inter-personal skills that you have learnt to not only challenge but blossom beautifully in the competitive dog training industry. Our Graduates regularly attest that this is undoubtedly the wisest investment that any aspiring professional positive dog trainer can make for their career.
Pawrus® Certification will be offered to students who meet the strict requirements by passing a dog behaviour and training theory and practical exam with highest distinction (A+) or distinction (A/A-) as part of the program’s certification requirements.
To maintain certification, Graduates must be an active member meeting continuing education requirements, sign a yearly pledge and abide to our standards of practice to be allowed to use the accreditation and its abbreviation “Pawrus® Certified Partner Trainer™ (PCPT™)” after their name (e.g. Jane Doe, PCPT™). More details here.
For Graduates, the Supervising Teacher will facilitate Career Development Pathways upon Graduation.
What Will You Learn?
- Dog Origin, History & Evolution
- Dog Physiology, Genetics & Ethology
- Dog Health and Diseases
- Dog First Aid
- Dog Body Language & Emotional Signals
- Dog Verbal Language & Emotional Signals
- Dog Socialisation & Behavioural Ontogeny
- Dog Emotions, Moods & Personality
- Low Stress Handling Concepts
- Fear Free Concepts
- Learning Theory: Associative & Non-Associative
- Science-Based Positive Reinforcement & Clicker Training
- Luring, Capturing, Shaping and Targeting
- Naming Behaviours with Cues
- Cue Control: Basic Fluency in Precision, Latency and Speed
- Cue Control: Intermediate Fluency in Distractions, Duration and Distance
- Cue Control: Advanced Fluency in Concept Identification & Discrimination
- Behaviour Chains
- Compound & Modifier Cues
- Training for Intelligence
- Human Body Language & Emotional Signals
- Human Verbal Language & Emotional Signals
- Human Emotions, Moods & Personality
- Adaptive Teaching Pedagogies
- Learner Styles & Technology-Based Teaching
- Curriculum & Instructional Design
- Vertical & Lateral Thinking
- Business Setup & Marketing
- Partnership & Growth Strategies
- Social Media Design & Strategies
- Offered to Performing Students who have Completed Module One
- Waived Module Fees
- Must Commit to At Least Twenty On-Job-Training Days Working with Actual Client Pets
- 6 Months Validity
- Pass with Highest Distinction: A+
- Pass with Distinction: A/A-
- Pass: B
- Fail: C and below
- Academic Year 2021: 0-3 Months: 100%
- Academic Year 2022: 0-3 Months: 100%
- Work Placement Rates are measured as a Percentage within a Fixed Timeframe upon Graduation.
- The Formula for calculating such Rates is the total no. of Graduates who found work divided by the total no. of Graduates who were looking for work.
- Dog Training Academies
- Dog Training Schools
- Veterinary Clinics
- Doggy Daycare Centers
- Dog Breeding Facilities
- Singapore, Singapore (PCPT™)
- Taipei, Taiwan (PCPT™)
- Tel Aviv, Israel (PCPT™)
- United Kingdom (UK) (PCPT™)
- United States of America (USA) (PCPT™)
- Aspiring Dog Trainers
- Aspiring Dog Behaviour Consultants
- 5x Pawrus® Dog Training Academy i-Click Clicker (Assorted Colours)
- 2x Pawrus® Dog Training Academy Rapid Rewards Training Treat Pouch (Green and Orange)
- 1x Karen Pryor Academy Terry Ryan Clik Stik
- 6x Ziwi Good Dog Rewards (Assorted Flavours)
Admission Criteria | Graduating & Certification Requirements | Application Instructions
As this is a physically and mentally demanding program, our prospective students are expected to meet these requirements to be considered for admission:
- No prior experience required.
- Passion for animals.
- Minimum 16 years old and above.
- Proficient in English or Mandarin Chinese.
- Possess perfect vision (20/20 with or without glasses / lenses).
- Physically and mentally fit.
- For safety, pregnant females must obtain a Certification Letter endorsed by their Gynaecologist/Doctor certifying their fitness.
- Undergo and pass an interview with a Pawrus® Teacher.
To Graduate, a Student must:
- Earn the minimum equivalent of a B on each component of the assessment process
- Fulfill an attendance rate of ≥90%
- Abide to the Pawrus® Student Code of Conduct
To become Certified, a Student must:
- Earn the minimum equivalent of an A- on each component of the assessment process
- Sign a yearly pledge and uphold the standards of practice
Congratulations on your decision to apply to the Pawrus® Dog Training Academy: The Elite Positive Dog Trainer Program!
An application fee is required with your application. Paying your application fee online is fast, convenient, and secure via PayNow or SWIFT.
Application fees are not refundable. If you are accepted to the program, your entire application fee will be applied towards your tuition.
If Pawrus® declines your application, the entire application fee may be applied towards tuition for another Pawrus® Program if you enroll within 6 months.
- Download, Read and Complete the Student Enrolment Form.
- Pay the Application Fee via PayNow to UEN: 201424069N (Pawrus Pte. Ltd.) or International SWIFT Transfer to OCBCSGSG (OCBC Current 609-17847-0001) and capture a screenshot with its transaction reference as proof of payment.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your e-mail as “Application to Pawrus® Dog Training Academy: The Elite Positive Dog Trainer (National/World) – Full Name” and attach the documents stated above to the e-mail.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
We will assess your application once all required information is received. You will be notified of your application’s outcome via e-mail.
How Does It Work?
Step 1: Application.
Getting to know you is the crucial first step. We will be in touch once we have assessed the information that you have submitted. You may be asked to provide more details for us to better assess your suitability for the program.
Step 2: Face-to-Face / Virtual Interview.
It’s time to know you better. Our teacher will get in touch to schedule and conduct a face-to-face / virtual interview with you to understand more about your goals. At this stage, we will address any concerns and inhibitions by explaining the curriculum to you in detail so that you know what to expect if you are accepted for the program. Based on the results of the interview, we will decide if you are suitable to progress to the next stage of enrolment or recommend alternative solutions whenever necessary.
Step 3: Offer and Acceptance.
Congratulations. If you meet the strict requirements set by us, we will inform successful applicants such as yourself that they have been accepted for The Elite Positive Dog Trainer Program! Offers will be made in writing via e-mail. You may be offered in any of our offer periods prior to the commencement of the program. You make the final choice from our offer. Once offered, our offer is only valid for that semester and expires if it is not accepted. A 100% deposit of the program fees is required to reserve and confirm your space in the intake that you have applied for. If an offer expires, an applicant will have to submit a fresh application and restart the entire enrolment process. Offers may not be held or carried over to consecutive semesters unless under extenuating circumstances. Offers may also be withdrawn at any time at our discretion.
Step 4: Matriculation and Orientation.
School is almost here and you’ve been successfully enrolled! To begin your learning journey, you will attend a four-hour orientation to better prepare yourself for life in our school.
Step 5: Learning and Evolution.
We hope that you are ready to undergo a process of learning and self-discovery with the world’s most advanced professional dog training school. We are looking forward to working with you to create an endless ripple that would reverberate continuously throughout the entire dog training industry for centuries to come.
Let's Have A Chat!
For Non-Urgent General Interest In Our Programs, Please Contact Us Below. We Will Attempt To Reply Within 3 Working Days. We Look Forward To Working With You To Achieve Your Desired Objectives.Contact Us