Confident Puppy is our trademark puppy socialisation program. It is suitable for puppies between the age of 2 – 5 months.
- Six private sessions
- 3 months validity, no extensions allowed
- Expert WhatsApp and email support upon Enrolment
- 3 months limited email and telephone support upon Graduation
Friday & Saturday
10AM & 2PM
Client’s location, outdoor locations are permitted if vaccinations are completed
2 - 5 months old
- Initial Consultation (Optional): 1 x 90 minutes, in-home
- (west): SGD500
- (mainland): SGD600
- (sentosa): SGD800
- Full Course: 2 x 120 minutes, 4 x 60 minutes, in-home
- (west): SGD3000
- (mainland): SGD3600
- (sentosa): SGD4800
- Initial Consultation (Optional): 1 x 90 minutes, in-home
- Where am I located?
- (west): postal sector 11-13; 58-71
- (mainland): postal sector 1-10, excl. sentosa; 14-57; 72-80
- (sentosa): postal sector 09
- Additional dogs @ 50% fees each
- Must belong to the same household
- Possess similar training proficiency
- Attend same lesson as the first dog
More About The Program
“This programme allows puppy parents and puppies to get one-on-one attention with our instructors to quickly address all pertinent puppy behaviour issues, while setting their dogs up for success with the option to socialise with other known friendly and well-behaved puppies.”
Unlike group classes, published peer-reviewed research shows that individualised instruction helps to resolve issues up to 90% quicker over group instruction. The main reason is because of the personalised solutions delivered expeditiously for every puppy training issue. Therefore, better speed in problem resolution strongly correlates with the improvement in puppy welfare and human satisfaction.
Complementarily, this programme also allows for puppies to be individually trained without being grouped with other dogs with varying playstyles, sizes and temperaments. Learning how to learn with dedicated focus is an extremely valuable experience, especially without the distractions from fellow conspecifics. It is the optimal pedagogical setup for all puppies and especially suitable for young puppies who have a history of fear, anxiety or shy tendencies and might not do well in a group setting.
Please note that this program addresses mild behaviour issues only. For puppies possessing behaviour issues with moderate to severe classifications, please see us for Behaviour Modification at Pawrus® Animal Behaviour Clinic instead.
Tailored for Fresh Puppies
Confident Puppy is a Trademarked Pawrus® Dog Training Academy Curriculum, specially developed in collaboration with Pawrus® Pet Grooming Academy.
In this puppy training programme, you will learn to shape your puppy into a confident dog that makes intelligent decisions. Much of the curriculum focuses on useful prevention topics such as fear, reactivity, aggression and future-proofing your puppy for future intermediate and advanced training programmes.
Puppies can bring along a maximum of two human family members. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult to provide safe supervision for puppies and children both.
What Will You Learn?
- Understanding your puppies: You will learn to read your puppy’s body language and communicate with your puppy clearly; creating a lifetime bond.
- Puppy socialisation: Meeting other humans and dogs in a safe and positive manner.
- Basic behaviours: Sit, attention, touch a target, recall, stay, loose leash walking.
- Prevention topics: Receive expert guidance on potty training, preventing chewing, jumping, barking/whining, food guarding and separation anxiety, etc.
- Waiting for good things: For food bowl, attention, before going outside, to have his collar and leash on.
- Love handling: Learning to like being touched and checked. This will make vet and grooming visits a lot easier.
- Families who would like to have individual one-on-one attention for their puppies
- Families who would prefer to commit on a flexible schedule as opposed to a fixed class timing
- Families with young children who need the full attention of a fully qualified dog training instructor and coach
- Puppy parents with shy puppies that require individual attention, which means that they might perform better in a home environment
- Puppy parents with active or challenging puppies that will need the extra attention in their immediate learning environment with minimal distractions
- Puppy parents who would like a reliable foundation for their dog with the aim to broaden their puppy’s knowledge and skillsets with higher-level dog training education at a later point in time
- Before every session, please prepare a reasonable amount of high-quality, semi-moist, bite-sized food reinforcers (commercial treats are acceptable) that you know your dog will love.
- A variety of food reinforcers (i.e. ≥3) is recommended.
- Suggested size for each food reinforcer is 0.5cm by 0.5cm.
- These food reinforcers will be used to teach your dog new behaviours.
- To prevent food-related allergies, by default, our team will not be using our own food reinforcers.
- In the event that you allow us to use our food reinforcers, you hereby agree that our team will not be held responsible for any food-related allergies.
- 1x Pawrus® Dog Training Academy i-Click Clicker (Assorted Colours)
- 2x E-Books
- Pawrus® Dog Training Academy Rapid Rewards Training Treat Pouch
- Ziwi Good Dog Rewards (Assorted Flavours)
- 6-Foot (1.8m) Leash
- Flat Collar
- Blue-9 Balance Harness® Buckle-Neck
- Karen Pryor Academy Terry Ryan Clik Stik
- Pawrus® Dog Training Academy Tennis Balls
- Slip Leash
- Stretchy Leash
- Adjustable Leash
- Flexi/Retractable Leash
- Multiple Dog Leash
- Head Collar
- Martingale/Half-Choke Collar
- Slip/Full-Choke Collar
- Prong/Pinch Collar
- Beep/Electric/Shock/Remote/Vibration Collar
- Invisible/Electric Fence
- Healthy microchipped puppies between 2-5 months old. They must have minimally received their first Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza and Parvovirus (DHLPP) or Distemper, Hepatitis and Parvovirus (DHP) vaccination. They must also have started on the appropriate parasite prevention (heartworm, intestinal worm, flea & tick)
Let's Have A Chat!
For Non-Urgent General Interest In Our Programs, Please Contact Us Below. We Will Attempt To Reply Within 3 Working Days. We Look Forward To Working With You To Achieve Your Desired Objectives.Contact Us