It is commonly observed that adolescent dogs begin to misbehave and develop unwanted behaviours around 5 months to 2 years of age. If left unresolved, these undesired behaviours are likely to persist well into adulthood and substantially embed themselves into an adult canine’s personality, thereby increasing the possibility of future behaviour problems. Confident Canine was designed to resolve the issues that occur during this adolescent stage with an emphasis in shaping your dog into a well-mannered family dog using positive reinforcement techniques.
- Six private sessions
- 3 months validity, no extensions allowed
- First and sixth session, two hours, second to fifth session, one hour
- 3 months limited email and telephone support upon Graduation.
Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
Client’s location, outdoor locations are permitted if vaccinations are completed
5 months - 7 years of age
- 1 optional initial two hours consultation, in-home west SGD450, in-home mainland SGD500, in-home sentosa SGD650
- 6 lessons, in-home west (postal sector 65-72) – SGD2700
- 6 lessons, in-home mainland (postal sector 1-64 excl. sentosa; 73-80) – SGD3000
- 6 lessons, in-home sentosa (postal sector 09) – SGD3900
- 2nd dog on – 50% discount
- Must belong to the same household
- Possess similar training proficiency
- Attend same lesson as the first dog
More About The Program
“Confident Canine is a 6-week programme that chronicles the developmental journey of you and your dog building a strong foundation of relevant knowledge and real-life skills together, within the home and outside of it.”
Unlike group classes, published peer-reviewed research shows that individualised instruction helps to resolve issues up to 90% quicker over group instruction. The main reason is because of the personalised solutions delivered expeditiously for every dog training issue. Therefore, better speed in problem resolution strongly correlates positively with the improvement in dog welfare and human satisfaction.
Concurrently, this programme was specially created to develop well-rounded canine citizens by inculcating good dog manners in adolescent to adult dogs. It is the optimal pedagogical setup for all dogs who wants to obtain the knowledge and skills required to be proficient in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Please note that this program addresses mild behaviour issues only. For dogs possessing behaviour issues with moderate to severe classifications, please see us for Behaviour Modification at Pawrus® Animal Behaviour Clinic instead.
Designed for Growing Adolescents or Adults
Confident Canine is a Trademarked Pawrus® Dog Training Academy Curriculum, exclusively designed and taught by Kevin Yeo, Senior Clinical Animal Behaviourist.
This dog training program is suitable for adolescent or adult dogs who has not had any training before or have attended and completed Tiny Paws and would like to continue their education to broaden and deepen their existing repertoire of good behaviours throughout their adolescent or adult phases.
Puppies can bring along a maximum of two human family members. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult to provide safe supervision for puppies and children both.
What Will You Learn?
- Basic behaviours with distractions: Sit, attention, touch a target, recall, leave it, stay, loose leash walking.
- Good dog manners with distractions: toy manners with enrichment games, sound manners with exposure to thunderstorms and commonly feared auditory stimuli, house manners of staying calmly on a mat, greeting manners relating to other dogs and humans politely,
- Understanding your adolescent dog: You will learn to read your dog’s body language and re-establish the communication channels with your dog clearly; reinvigorating your lifetime bond.
- Prevention topics: Preventing resource guarding, isolation distress, separation anxiety, jumping and demand barking.
- Waiting for good things: For food bowl, attention, before going outside, to have his collar and leash on, walking nicely on leash.
- Before every session, please prepare a reasonable amount of high-quality, semi-moist, bite-sized food reinforcers (commercial treats are acceptable) that you know your dog will love.
- A variety of food reinforcers (i.e. ≥3) is recommended.
- Suggested size for each food reinforcer is 0.5cm by 0.5cm.
- These food reinforcers will be used to teach your dog new behaviours.
- To prevent food-related allergies, by default, our team will not be using our own food reinforcers.
- In the event that you allow us to use our food reinforcers, you hereby agree that our team will not be held responsible for any food-related allergies.
- 1x Pawrus® Dog Training Academy i-Click Clicker (Assorted Colours)
- 2x E-Books
- Pawrus® Dog Training Academy Rapid Rewards Training Treat Pouch
- Ziwi Good Dog Rewards (Assorted Flavours)
- 6-Foot (1.8m) Leash
- Flat Collar
- Blue-9 Balance Harness® Buckle-Neck
- Karen Pryor Academy Terry Ryan Clik Stik
- Pawrus® Dog Training Academy Tennis Balls
- Slip Leash
- Stretchy Leash
- Adjustable Leash
- Flexi/Retractable Leash
- Multiple Dog Leash
- Head Collar
- Martingale/Half-Choke Collar
- Slip/Full-Choke Collar
- Prong/Pinch Collar
- Beep/Electric/Shock/Remote/Vibration Collar
- Invisible/Electric Fence
Microchipped dogs with updated annual core vaccinations (Parvovirus, Distemper & Adenovirus) or annual titer test reflecting immunity of Parvovirus, Distemper & Adenovirus.
Let's Have A Chat!
For Non-Urgent General Interest In Our Programs, Please Contact Us Below. We Will Attempt To Reply Within 3 Working Days. We Look Forward To Working With You To Achieve Your Desired Objectives.Contact Us